- Escape to the Sacramento Mountains: a place to experience nature, a place to reconnect or just a quiet place to find yourself.
- Alive with history from America's westward expansion, Lincoln County is full of influences from the old west. Travel the quiet valleys along the scenic Billy the Kid Byway where old west ranches, apple orchards, and Mexican villages are still a part of this unspoiled country.
- Visit unique local sites such as The Lavender Spring Ranch, Laughing Sheep Farm, and Tinne's Silver Dollar.
- The area is rich with artistic venues and museums. Enjoy performing arts and concerts at the renowned Spencer Theater.
- Take in unique shopping and fine dinning in the quaint villages of Ruidoso, Captain and Lincoln. Over 350,000 acres in the Lincoln National Forest, White Sands National Monument and the historic Fort Stanton (established in 1855) offer a variety of outdoor adventures and recreation.
Additional activities include Ski Apache Resort, first class golf courses, world famous horse racing, casinos, authentic Mescalero/Apache Indian culture, exhibits and events.
WELCOME TO HONDO
The Dragonfly Inn is located in the scenic Hondo Valley along the peaceful Rio Ruidoso River. This distinctive southwest territorial style home is the perfect place to spend quality time with family and friends. Come visit historic Lincoln County and experience the unique lifestyle and characteristics of America's "Land of Enchantment."
Built in 2011, this unique southwest territorial style home was designed to provide a personal getaway retreat for family and friends. The Dragonfly is ideally situated for day trip access to all of Lincoln County's diverse activities and events. Or guests can elect to stay on property and relax in the serenity of the valley; there are plenty of amenities on property to provide all day entertainment.
Don't miss nature watching or picnicking along the Rio Ruidoso river. Activities such as horse shoes, basketball hoops and a play ground set offer something for everyone to enjoy. Relax in the hot tub, BBQ on the courtyard patio, enjoy roasting marshmallows on our outdoor wood burning fire pit or simply spend time reading a book. With satellite TV's in every room you wont miss any special programming,while still enjoying time away from home. Watch for area wildlife who are always visiting the farm and be sure to say "Hello" to our horses who are more than happy to visit across the fence.